‘Vijayaratna’ Dr.P.S.PANNEER SELVAM
MS (General Surgery), M.N.A., M.S., F.I.C.S., F.A.I.S.,
(Man behind the projects)
- The Medical Director of Shanmuga Hospitals
- Medical Director of Salem Cancer Institute
- Chairman-cum-Managing Trustee of Shanmuga Medical Research Foundation Trust (SMRFT)
- Chairman and Managing Trustee of Shanmuga Institute of Postgraduate Medical Sciences is known for his simple and Methodical Behavior with Elders to Youngsters without seeing any religion, caste, creed and race. He has put 26 years of service in the field of Medicine and stood University first as GOLD MEDALIST in his Medical Curriculum. His approach and Hospitality is entirely different from others.
Very few among the Best Carrier Awards
- He is selected as best Doctor in Tamilnadu for the year 1993.
- He has been bestowed with the VIJAYARATNA Awards – one of the Prestigious awards of India given by The President of India.
- Shanmuga Hospital is selected as the Best Hospital by the Lions Club of Salem.
- He also received THE CHIKITSA MEDAL (for his service) – which is one of the prestigious awards and awarded by the Fellow of College of Surgeons – Chicago.
- He is the Member in the International Union Against Tuberculosis – Paris from 1979 onwards.
- International visiting Professor of Alternative Medicine Institute MEDICINA ALTERNATIVA INSTITUTE – SRILANKA.
- He is the Life Member in the Association of Surgeons of India.
- He is the Member of Academy of Medical Sciences.
- He received award “BEST MEDICAL SERVICE TO THE POOR” given by the Young Lawyers Associations in 1995.
- Director of Central Apprenticeship Vocational Training Institute.
- He is the Author of more than 24 Medical Books in local Languages.
- Lions Member
The fantastic disciplines and Meteoric development of the Institutional with National and International standard is one of dedication and consciousness discharge of responsibilities and the Extraordinary, Dynamic and Tireless stewardship of the Medical Director-cum-Chairman VIJAYARATHNA Dr.P.S.Panneerselvam.